by Charles A. Rausch, Esquire
Get ready for more fireworks in your neighborhood this July 4th. In 2017, the Legislature passed legislation allowing the sale, possession and use of consumer fireworks in Pennsylvania. Consumer fireworks include: ground spinners, wheels, cylindrical or cone foundations, sky and bottle rockets, roman candles, chasers, firecrackers and the like. To use consumer fireworks, you must be at least 18 years of age. Consumer fireworks cannot be intentionally ignited or discharged:
- On public or private property without the owner’s permission;
- From a motor vehicle or building;
- Into a motor vehicle or building or at a person;
- While under the influence of alcohol, a controlled substance or another drug;
- Within 150 feet of an occupied structure.
Happy (and safe) 4th of July!